Friday, March 7, 2014

I show for you my frenz!

ENSP. What an amazing and incredible experience it has been. It honestly feels like it was just yesterday that I was freaking out about packing to come to France - now here I am - back in the good ole u s of a. I can't even believe this! It's so crazy.

I have met SO many amazing people here. We all showed up at the airport on that first day nervous and shy. Luckily it only took one night and a few bottles of wine for everyone to get comfortable with each other! I just can't believe that I had to say good bye to all these people! It was definitely tough - but hopefully it's more of a see you later.

Winter level 2! These are some pretty awesome people. I am so lucky that I got to share this experience with you all! 

GIOVANNA! 
My tiny Brazilian friend. When we first met you were so quiet. Now you don't stop talking! I will miss you saying "Nooo" to everything. Thank you for all the French you tried to teach me. You better come visit me in the states!

Nicholassssss my fren.
 I'm glad you were always the first one there to point out when I was getting all red. You definitely invented the name blastfreezer! Hah Thank you for always being so funny! You laugh too much my fren.

Lisa 
I wish that I could just record your life so I can always catch the sly comments you make 24/7. You're literally the funniest person I have ever met in my life. I'm so glad that we got lost in the airport together! I am forever grateful to you and your hysterical comments.
"My toenails regenerate nail polish."
"Abe lincoln? So does she have to be wearing a hat"
"I know, I'm just fast and loose with my laughs"
I can't wait to come out to Cali and visit! 

Kendall
I know that I said you had bitch face when I first met you - but you're definitely NOT that. Hah I'm so glad to have met you! You're such a great person and I can literally tell you anything.
Caindra 
You sassy, outrageous, hysterical person - you. I will miss you dearly - however I will see you very soon when I come out to Cali. Can't wait!


ROBBIE!
no. no. no.
You finally get a blog post. 
Although you literally embarrass me 24/7 I guess I miss you quite a lot. I enjoyed hearing all your stories of your worldly travels and you inspire me! (I also just really love your mustache and it will be a sad day when you have to shave it. Maybe we should hold a funeral - just an idea)
Je t'aime! 

B!
You're such an amazing person! I'm so glad to have met you. You're an awesome pastry chef and I'm excited to see where you end up! Please record your English conversations daily and send them to me. Hah I will miss you and your voice!!
"A MOUSE?! In the oven?!"


I just can't believe this is my real life. I can't thank everyone enough for this experience. All the Chefs, the staff at the castle, the assistants, and all my fellow classmates - you're amazing. I learned so much from everyone and I will never forget our time there. I will miss everyone deeply.

These past two months have felt like two years - but I squeezed in as much as I could over the past 60 days and I'm truly walking away from this experience as a new person. 

Now that I'm back home it's very weird. I went to a bar the first night back and it was very overwhelming hearing and understanding all the conversations going on around me. Ordering beers in English and paying with USD was a very odd feeling. When I got to the airport I also kept saying 'bonjour' 'merci' and 'pardon'. lol very weird adjustment. Seeing friends and family has been really nice though - and meow mix! 

The time change hasn't bothered me too much, I just get tired around 7/8pm and then wake up super early - but I'm sure I can adjust soon. 

Thank you again to everyone! Everyone at ENSP, my family, and friends. I'm baking lots this week - so let me know if you want anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment