Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bon voyage!

Bonjour!

I'm currently sitting in the airport waiting to board. I have a seven and a half hour flight to Paris, a two hour layover, and then a two hour flight to Lyon. In Lyon I will meet up with people from the school and we'll take a bus to Yssingeaux which is where the school is. The name of the school is Ecole Nationale Superieure de Patisserie which is the national school of pastry. This is a program I had learned about through Johnson and Wales. They offered it as an internship option, but at the time I didn't apply for it. So then a few months ago I appiled directly to the school, got accepted, and now here we are! 

So when I get there I have to take a placement test and I will either be placed in the beginner course or perfecting course. I'm living at the school, it's basically a castle. It's so cool! I have classes for two months and then I'm doing a month long internship. I'm unsure of where though, I have to apply to places when I get there. 

I am so nervously excited about this whole experience. I am just so ready to be in France already. I can't wait to learn all about French pastries and to share it with all of you, of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment