Thursday, January 9, 2014

Finally!

Wow. What a day it has been. I feel like I've literally been traveling for a week. When I got to the airport in Paris I walk into the main departure area and there's a bunch of flight attendants all dressed up passing out chocolates and a band playing. It was definitely a sight to see. The airport was huge and slightly confusing. I also had to lug around my two 50 pound bags because I didn't have any coins to use for a cart. Once I found my gate I stayed there for three hours. Hah Luckily there was a larger bathroom there for me to change and freshen up, because that seven hour flight was awful. I don't think there is any possible way for a person to get comfortable in those seats!

Once I arrived in Lyon I was supposed to meet up with the coordinator from the school and I had no such luck. While dragging 100 pounds and freaking out slightly I ran into a girl that happened to be going to the school as well. And she had coins! So we got carts and walked around the airport looking for a woman in a blue jacket for an hour and a half. Once we found them we only had to wait a half hour for the bus to arrive. Then it was just one last hour long ride and I would finally be there! However, the bus kind of got stuck going around a turn and delayed us for about a half hour... Finally around 8pm we got to the castle and got dinner. It was lasagna with salad and fresh rolls. 

I then found out I had to drag my luggage up two flights of stairs to my room. Needless to say I took three trips. Hah the room is okay, pretty small and not much extra space. The closets are kinda tiny but I will definitely be able to manage. 

Well, now I'm all unpacked and showered and ready for bed! I have a long day of orientation tomorrow, and then I start classes Monday. I'm just ready to be back in the kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment